After waiting a long while for the unlock scene to settle down and come up with decent all in one solutions we finally have a true proper Jailbreak, Activate and Unlock solution for iPhone v1.1.4
Following this guide will help anyone who has an iPhone (any version/type/bootloader). For phones that came pre-installed with firmware v1.1.2 and above have bootloader 4.6 and this guide will also help downgrade their bootloaders so that their phone is unlockable at v1.1.4
Note: For people with Bootloader 4.6, your bootloader IS being downgraded with this process BUT this is reversible (i.e. you can go back to Bootloader 4.6) unlike the popular ziphone method.
Let’s Get started!
Required Files :
- iPlus v1.2 // iPlus v2b (New)
- iPhone Firmware v1.1.4
- International Caller ID Support Package (Only for people outside North America)
What’s Next? Well Two Phases:
1. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and let it sync. Put the iPhone into DFU mode. Do this by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for 10 seconds. At this point the screen will turn black, and the iPhone will appear to be off.
iTunes will detect the phone in DFU mode and display a popup saying that your iPhone is in Recovery mode.
2. Now hold down the shift key and press the restore button in iTunes. A file browser window will open. Navigate to where the 1.1.4 firmware file was downloaded, select it, and click Open. iTunes will now restore your iPhone to v1.1.4 and once it is done it will Show you either the AT&T Activation page in iTunes or tell you your SIM is invalid (in iTunes).
3. Close iTunes and open Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and find the process iTunesHelper.exe. Click end process and then Yes in the popup window that appears.
1. Next, unzip the iPlus1.2 file you downloaded onto your desktop.
2. In Windows click Start > Run | Next type cmd in the run box that appears and click OK
3. Now Type the following commands in the command prompt window that opened :
It should look like the image above.
4. Once you press enter after the “iplus -u” command you should see a bunch of text scroll through the command prompt window and your iPhone will display a bunch of code on its screen :
Text will start scrolling down the iPhone screen with lots of code and “Wrote” commands:
Torubleshooting : In case your iPhone screen does not look similar to the one above or shows words like “Crapped” or says “Repair Needed”:
DO NOT PANIC! Simply go back to phase 1 of this guide to restore your phone to v1.1.4 again and run iPlus1.2 again, it should work then
5. The iPhone will next reboot and you will be at the slide to unlock screen. More text will appear in the command prompt window :
You should at this point have a cell phone signal
6. Now, wait about a minute and your iPhone will automatically reboot itself. Once it has rebooted you will be at the home screen of your iPhone which will look like this:
Mail App Fix
We have seen many people complain about the mail app crashing after this process. Here is how to fix this :
1. Login to your iPhone’s root directory using WinSCP (and OpenSSH).
2. Next follow this path : private > var > mobile > library | Within the library folder Look for afonder named “Mail” and delete it. This folder contains your Mail login information so you WILL NOT delete the mail app this way.
3. After deleting that folder, reboot your iPhone and your mail app will work again. (Note: you will need to re-enter your mail information as this process resets the mail app).
People are reporting that simply resetting all settings will fix this issue as well. To do this go to :
Settings > General > Reset > and choose “Reset all Settings”
Well there you have it, your A-Z jailbreak, activate, unlock AND troubleshoot guide to v1.1.4. Enjoy